We are currently looking to hire a Property & Operations Manager
About the company
Adaero is a growing property business with offerings in Serviced Accommodation, Property Development and Mastermind Events. We believe in bringing values to life through property, business and personal development. This means continuously striving to become the best version of ourselves and helping others along with their own best self journey. We are looking to attract the kind of person who resonates with these values, to join a dynamic team who are focussed on personal as well as business growth, in the role of Property & Operations Manager.
About the role
The Property & Operations Manager will effectively manage the daily operations of a growing portfolio of serviced accommodation properties, predominantly situated in Midlothian and East Lothian. This role will appeal to someone who genuinely enjoys systemising, refining and managing processes. We have an effective end to end process in place however this new post will help us enhance that. The Propety & Operations Manager will take the lead to streamline and design an enhanced process (leveraging our existing technology and documents) and subsequently implement and operate it.
This position will be part time, primarily home based and have some local travel involved. Your opportunity as Property & Operations Manager is to play a key role in a growing business. These ambitious growth plans will lead to this role becoming a full time post, if that appeals to you.
Attitude and personality we seek in this person:
- You are process driven and excited by the opportunity to design and implement processes and systems that create greater value and efficiency
- You are positive in outlook and solution oriented. You understand that working through challenges leads to growth.
- You are accountable, you do what you say you will. You take credit for the things you do well and find ways to improve the things that don’t go so well
- Friendly and preemptive customer service
- Confident to interact with our guests, our marketing partners and suppliers
- Enjoy a degree of detailed administrative tasks ie these could range from excel based tasks to web research, to monthly property checks
- We are extremely values led, always seeking to add meaningful value and do the right thing in all endeavours. We expect the people we work with to be the same way.
Manage the operations of a growing serviced accommodation business, to include:
- Help design, streamline and implement an improved set of operational procedures that you will then be responsible for managing and maintaining
- Optimise occupancy of our properties by managing our listings with online travel agents, our own website and social media, and through developing direct relationships.
- Manage our guests, including enquiries from websites, taking bookings and payment and managing the booking calendars for each property
- Manage end to end process of guest check in through to check out and change over to next guests
- Manage communications with guests during stays if there are any queries or maintenance requirements with the property
- Manage and optimise use of our channel management software to ensure the calendar is up to date and every available night is at the correct price to ensure the maximum bookings and occupancy.
- Organise and send the house keepers and linen provider schedules to ensure turns are completed and units ready for the next guests
- Co-ordinating the onboarding of new properties- to include all furniture orders, coordinating deliveries and installation, set up of all utilities, safety elements, arrange photography
- Additional duties will include quality checks in properties, ongoing business systemisation and a range of business growth projects.
These points provide an overview of the role and a more exhaustive list of duties and KPI’s can be discussed during selection conversations.
Helpful experience and skills
- Previous experience in the hospitality sector, hotel management and accommodation reservations in particular would be beneficial but not essential.
- Capturing processes in order to create effective systems for operating the business.
- Previous experience in rental property management is again helpful but not essential
- Good financial awareness and business acumen
- An understanding of revenue management, sales and marketing would be extremely helpful.
Desk work will be home based and there will be a requirement throughout the week to visit one or several of our properties located in Midlothian and East Lothian.
A valid UK Driving license and your own car is required.
- £20,000 pro-rata
- We pay bonuses for great intitatives and contributions to revenue growth
- Part-time for a core of 20 hours per week and to include handling enquiries over weekends
- Pro-rata hourly rate for additional hours when required (which may include some weekend check-ins)
- Flexible hours however flexibility in your weekdays will be required to service the requirements of various guest related timings
- As this role is home based and require driving we will cover the following expenses:
-the top up to insure your car for business use
-pay for business mileage at 45p per mile
-pay 50% of your mobile phone bill
We are also open to applications from self-employed individuals happy to invoice us at the end of each month.
How to Apply
If the values of our company resonate with you, and your previous experience positions you well for the responsibilities, please apply as follows:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject ‘Property & Operations Manager Application’
- All applications must begin the email with the line, “I am accountable and I do what I say I will”
- Please attach a copy of your CV
- Applications deadline is Friday 20th October at 12 noon.
- Any applications that do not come through the process outlined cannot be considered.
Thank you for taking the time to consider this opportunity.